So today was the first day of CPAC. I wasn’t there for most of it, and if you listened to tonight’s KaibCast, you know that I saw a bunch of “famous” people. You also know that I am strongly supportive of GOProud’s participation at the conference. I want to make myself clear, because what I said during The KaibCast might be misinterpreted. I don’t think that opponents of same-sex marriage are bigoted.
Just the people who use the term “homosexual agenda” when describing GOProud’s participation in CPAC. “Homosexual agenda” implies that some nefarious plot exists to turn everyone at CPAC gay (or something like that). Anyway, it makes GOProud sound like a menacing organization. That is not the case, and those that strongly oppose GOProud’s participation need to grow up and meet people from the real world who don’t fit into their cookie cutter vision of the world. Gay conservatives are conservatives, too.
Anyway, I’ll be at CPAC all day Friday and Saturday and will host “The KaibCast” live from CPAC both days. I expect to do the show at 6 PM both days, but you never know. The key-note speech on Saturday isn’t until 5:30 PM (if they stay on schedule) so I might be pushing that back to 6:30.
Here’s all the archived video of today’s festivities (courtesy http://video.cpac.org)
Archived Video of CPAC 2011 Speeches
- 9:15 AM Rep. Michele Bachmann (MN) Keynote Address
- 9:45 AM Sen. Ron Johnson (WI)
- 10:15 AM Sen. Pat Toomey (PA)
- 11:15 AM Rep. Kristi Noem (SD)
- 11:45 AM Rep. Raul Labrador (ID)
- 12:00 PM Senator Mitch McConnell (KY)
- 12:30 PM The Hon. Newt Gingrich
- 1:00 PM Reagan at 100: Role Model for the Next Generation
- 2:00 PM Hon. Rick Santorum
- 2:30 PM Traditional Marriage and Society
- 3:15 PM Wayne LaPierre, CEO of National Rifle Association
- 3:30 PM Donald Trump
- 4:00 PM Defender of the Constitution Award (Donald Rumsfeld)
- 4:30 PM Rep. Paul Ryan (WI)