I don’t have time for a long post, so I’m starting something that I will do whenever I don’t have time to write: Short Takes.
- Stephen Colbert is testifying before congress tomorrow. Seriously. In Character no less! Apparently he had a union boss on his show who talked about immigration, so that makes him qualified to testify before some immigration committee. What is this world coming too, when we trust a faux political pundit more than we do actual experts?
- Iran’s Ahmadinejad criticized capitalism and a bunch of other things while at the U.N. Why couldn’t Mossad send an assassin to “deal with” him? Iranian Hitler even went so far as to suggest that 9/11 was an inside job.
- Shepard Smith will be interviewing Ahmadinejad tomorrow. That should be interesting.
- The House GOP unveiled a “Pledge to America.” The document is light on details, which is probably a good thing. Too many details leave too many things to be attacked by the Dems. The emphasis on economic issues, particularly at a time when Obama is seen as incompetent on the economy, sets the right tone for the coming elections.
- Muslims have come out in support of the woman credited with creating “Draw Mohammed Day.” She has had to go into hiding due to threats on her life.
That’s all for today. If you want more on what’s happening, turn on your damn TV. There are 4 cable channels devoted to news, plus your local channels.
And listen to “The KaibCast” on Saturday. I’m taking tonight and Friday off. More info on time and other stuff to come shortly. Keep checking back here for more info as it becomes available.